When to Reject a Part-Time or Moonlight Faculty Contract
- If you believe there is an error in your contract, do not reject the contract. Instead, contact your division or department administrative assistant or class scheduler to request that they correct and reissue the contract.
- Reject a contract only if you are turning down the offer to teach a class or perform stipended work.
Additional Information: Accessing Contract Info in Faculty Center
From your ctcLink Gateway page, select the Faculty Center link from the left side of page.
Select the Contract Info link for issued/approved contracts to load.
Example of Contract Info page.
Reject Contract(s) in Faculty Center
Navigate to Contract Page
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Self Service > Faculty Center> Contract Info
1. Click on Contract Info in the Faculty Center to display a table of part-time and moonlight contracts and stipended assignments.
2. All contracts (letters of intent) are displayed in a table listed by Term.
3. In the Contract Signed column on the right side of the table, the check box will be unchecked for contracts you have not yet accepted.
4. You may see multiple contracts for a single quarter if you have been offered more than one type of assignment. Instructional assignments (e.g., associate faculty or moonlight assignments) will be listed separately from stipended work (e.g., a special assignment to do something like curriculum development). You may also see multiple contracts for different types of instructional assignments (e.g., classroom instruction v. private lessons for Music faculty). You must accept or reject each contract separately.
Select Contract(s) to View
5. Select a contract that you have not signed. There may be more than one. Click on the View Contract link to the right of the check boxes to see the details of the contract you wish to accept.
6. The Contract Information will be shown on a new page.
7. Instructional assignments (class sections) will be listed as Associate Faculty or Moonlight contracts. For class assignments, the Class Nbr in the first column indicates the section you are being offered to teach. If you are being offered more than one class section, there will be an additional line in the table for each section. Combined sections will appear on multiple lines, e.g., combined sections of dual listed classes such as CJ135/SOC135, Current Issues in Crime and Society, will appear as two sections.
The final two columns in the contract table list the total pay for the term and the percentage of full-time faculty equivalent workload (e.g., 33.333 percent). Combined sections will be listed separately, but only the lead section will generate pay or workload, i.e., if, in the above example the CJ135 section is generating pay and workload, the SOC135 section will show zero total pay and zero FTE%. By contrast, classes that have multiple components, such as LAB and LEC components, will show pay and workload on separate lines for each component.
8. Stipended work (e.g., a stipend paid for curriculum development) will be listed as a Special Assignment or SPA contract. There will be a brief description of the type of work being offered, the number of expected hours, the start and stop dates for the work, and the total pay.
NOTE: If you think there may be an error in your contract, stop here and contact your division or department administrative assistant to request that the contract be corrected and reissued.
9. If the Reject button is selected and initials are entered, a pop up message will appear confirming your intention to reject the contract.
10. You should reject a contract only if you are turning down the offer to teach a class or perform stipended work. If you believe there is an error in your contract, do not reject the contact. Instead, contact your division or department administrative assistant to request that the contract be corrected and reissued.
11. If you wish to turn down the offer to teach a class or perform stipended work, select Yes to confirm.
12. When rejecting a contract, the system allows but does not require entry of a reason for the contract rejection. Reason Code 02 is Declined.
13. Once a contract rejection reason is selected, it will populate both code and description on the page.
14. Select the Submit button.
15. A confirmation message will display.
16. Select the Yes button to confirm.
17. Select the Return button to exit the page and return to the Contract Info page.
18. On the Contract Info page, you will see a check in the Contract Rejected box.
This didn't solve the problem?
Please click the submit a request button below to create a ticket and a Shoreline agent will reply shortly!