How to Disable Video Downloads
By default every Panopto video created can be downloaded or streamed. The default setting is set to Authenticated users with access. You have the option to restrict individual videos from being downloaded as well as everything in a folder.
Disabling Downloads for an Individual Video
- In your Canvas class, select the Panopto folder.
- Hover over the video you wish to disable and select Settings.
- On the next screen, in the Overview section, click Share, click Change in the Who Can Access This Video section.
- Click the option for the restrictions you want.
Disabling Downloads for a Folder
- In your Canvas class, go to your Panopto folder, and select the Settings icon.
- On the next screen, in the Overview section, click Downloads, click the caret and select the options for the restrictions you want.
For more information, view How to Use Panopto with Canvas for Instructors.
Note: Panopto tends to update frequently. If you notice these instructions are not correct, please submit a ticket.
This didn't solve the problem?
Please click the submit a request button below to create a ticket and a Shoreline agent will reply shortly!