eLearning and the Circulation department share the responsibility of equipment check-out and return for students.
- Staff from Transitional Studies Submit a Request at www.support.shoreline.edu.
- Included in the request is the student name, SID and student email address along with the items requested. A spreadsheet can be attached if it is for a lot of requests. See example below.
- eLearning adds the student information to the Equipment Tracking spreadsheet with the status “Pending Pickup" "Pending Return" or "Pending Renewal." Each line will have a unique barcode.
- eLearning adds the subject line in Zendesk ticket to [date] Borrow/Return/Renew [item] (i.e. 12/7/21 Borrow Chromebook).
- eLearning assigns the ticket to Circulation, adds the "Equipment Request Tuition Paid" or "Equipment Renewal" macro and submits as "Open." If it is a return, eLearning assigns the "Equipment Return" macro and submits as "On hold."
- Circulation receives ticket and checks out or renews the equipment in ALMA. Check in occurs when item is returned to the library.
- Circulation adds the assigned barcode and due date to the Equipment Tracking spreadsheet.
- Circulation sends the "Equipment Pick-up and Return" macro to TS staff and submits ticket as "on hold."
- Circulation updates spreadsheet and closes ticket after student picks up/returns the laptop or the item has been renewed.
- Circulation updates the Shareable Tech Inventory spreadsheet.
This didn't solve the problem?
Please click the submit a request button below to create a ticket and a Shoreline agent will reply shortly!