Online Instructor Course Evaluations
Shoreline Community College uses Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys (formerly EvaluationKIT) for instructor evaluations. Online instructor course evaluations are administered by eLearning Services (except for Librarians). The process was designed with direction from the Office for Student Learning and Success, the Faculty Union, and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Data Management. The confidential feedback from students help improve student learning and is critical to faculty development and program planning and improvement.
- Evaluations are launched the last 10 instructional days of the course.
- Students access evaluations in the Canvas classroom or any device that can access the internet such as a computer, laptop or smartphone.
- In team taught classes, students only have access to evaluate the instructor scheduled for evaluations that quarter.
- Students will receive an email notification, and they will also see the following notice when they click into a Canvas class that has an evaluation.
- Instructors will not see the student link for evaluations in the Canvas course, even when in "Student View." Evaluations are only visible to students.
- Faculty and students receive an email notification prior to the launch of the evaluations.
- Faculty and students receive another email notification the day the evaluations are launched.
- Students will receive up to two email reminders to complete evaluations, and can delay taking them or opt out completely.
- When students have more than one evaluation to submit they will see each evaluation listed separately by class.
- After the student submits the evaluation, they will receive a "Certificate of Completion" in their email.
- Administrators will receive an email the day after the survey ends notifying them the evaluation results are available for viewing and downloading.
- Faculty will receive an email the day after final grades are submitted notifying them the evaluation results are available for viewing and downloading.
This didn't solve the problem?
Please click the submit a request button below to create a ticket and a Shoreline agent will reply shortly!