Shoreline Policy 6260 Grades Procedure
The article below describes how to enter final grades in ctcLink. Shoreline Community College's Policy 6260, Grades Procedure explains the College's grading bases and business processes. You may wish to review the Grades Procedure before submitting grades.
ctcLink works best in Firefox
A known problem with ctcLink is that it has issues with the Google Chrome browser. You may want to consider other browser options:
Additional information is available at ctcLink Troubleshooting
Save Grades Often
NOTE: ctcLink logs users out after 20 minutes of inactivity. Entering grades may take you more than 20 minutes. You should save grade entries often as you are entering them in ctcLink to make sure you don't get timed out of your connection. Your grades will be cleared or lost if your ctcLink page times out and you have not saved the grades you already entered.
Grades Rosters are posted on the My Schedule page
Navigation Using Tiles: Gateway > Faculty Center > My Schedule
Navigation Using NavBar: NavBar > Navigator > Self Service > Faculty Center > My Schedule
1. Open Faculty Center in the left navigation menu.
2. Your quarterly teaching schedule is shown on the My Schedule page, which is the default page for Faculty Center. The quarter shown is listed in the upper left corner of the page below the My Schedule title.
3. Use the Change Term dropdown box in the upper center of the page to select the quarter for which you are entering grades.
Save Grades Often
NOTE: It is a good idea to save grade entries often as you are entering them. Your grades will be cleared or lost if your ctcLink page times out and you have not saved the grades you already entered.
The Save button is located in the Grade Roster Action box above the list of students receiving grades.
Select Correct Term and Class
4. On the My Schedule page, verify that you are viewing the correct quarter and institution. If necessary, use the Change Term button to change between terms or institutions.
Open Grade Roster
5. To view the Grade Roster for an individual class, select the Grade Roster icon next to the appropriate class. This icon is located in the column to the right of the Class Roster column. When you click on the Grade Roster icon, the Grade Roster page for the course will open.
6. On the Grade Roster page, you can change classes by selecting Change Class. When you click on Change Class, the My Schedule page will open again to allow you to choose a different class to enter grades. If you change classes without saving any grades you have entered for the class that is open, the grades you entered will be lost. Be sure to save any grades you have entered before switching to another class.
Enter Grades in Grade Roster
10. To enter grades, select the appropriate grade from the dropdown box to the right of each student's name. The example screen above shows the Graded (decimal grade) grading basis in the dropdown menu. Your class will have a different drop-down menu if it is using the BEdA or P/NP grading basis.
11. If you enter a grade of 0.0, NP, or Z, the system will prompt you to enter the student's Last Date of Attendance using a calendar widget. You will not be able to save your grades if you do not enter a Last Date of Attendance for students when who receive 0.0, NP, or Z grades.
12. After entering all student grades, click on the Save button located in the Grade Roster Action box. If you do not save your grades, they will be lost when you navigate away from the Grade Roster.
13. Review the grades for accuracy. Do not change the Approval Status until you have saved your grades.
Note: Changing the Approval Status from Not Reviewed to Approved before you save your grades will cause all the grades you entered to be lost.
14. If you are satisfied that you have entered all grades correctly for all students and you have Saved your grades, in the Grade Roster Action box choose Approved from the dropdown menu.
15. Click on Save again to save the Approved status. Saving grades in Approved status submits them to Enrollment Services, which will post them to students.
Before Enrollment Services has posted grades to students, you can make changes to grades after saving an Approved grade roster by changing the status back to Not Reviewed. This will allow you to make necessary grade changes. Once you have made any necessary change, save the grades again, change the Approval Status back to Approved, and save the Approval Status.
Approved Grades posted to students by Enrollment Services
Note: Once grades are saved in Approved status and posted to students by Enrollment Services, instructors must contact Enrollment Services to make changes to the posted grades. Grades are posted at 8:00am. Instructors may use the Grade Change Authorization form to send grade changes to Enrollment Services up to one calendar year after the initial grades are submitted.
Adding the Same Grade to Multiple Students
16. To add the same grade to multiple students at a time (e.g., for P/NP classes), ensure that the grade roster has not been saved to Approved. If grade roster status is Approved, change to Not Reviewed.
a. Select the appropriate students.
b. Activate the dropdown list and choose the appropriate grade.
c. Select the <-Add this grade to selected students button.
17. The grade you have chosen will be entered in the dropdown menu for the selected students. After you have entered all the grades for the class, save the grades, change Approval Status to Approved, and save the Approval Status.
Printer Friendly Grade Roster
18. You can open a Printer Friendly Version of your Grade Roster by clicking on the link in the lower right under the Grade Roster in Faculty Center.
This didn't solve the problem?
Please click the submit a request button below to create a ticket and a Shoreline agent will reply shortly!