Online Instructor Course Evaluations
Shoreline Community College uses Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys (formerly EvaluationKIT) and Survey Monkey to conduct quarterly instructor course evaluations. Evaluations are anonymous and take place 10 business days before the last day of course instruction, as outlined in SCC-AFT Agreement 2019-22.
Online instructor course evaluations are administered by eLearning Services (except for Librarians). The process was designed with direction from the Office for Student Learning and Success, the Faculty Union, and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Data Management. The confidential feedback from students help improve student learning and is critical to faculty development and program planning and improvement.
Evaluation forms are located at Faculty Evaluations. Division administrators and staff determine which evaluation form the instructor will be using.
Who is Required to Receive Evaluations?
Division administrators and staff determine who receives evaluations by following the guidelines in the SCC-AFT Agreement 2019-22. In team taught classes, students only have access to evaluate the instructor scheduled for evaluations that quarter.
About a week after the quarter starts, eLearning sends an email to those on the division distribution list notifying that it is time to request evaluations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added or removed from this distribution list.
For more information on how to request evaluations, view How do staff request online instructor course evaluations?
Evaluation Setup and Deployment
Evaluations for instructors, excluding librarians, are set up and deployed by eLearning through Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys (formerly EvaluationKIT).
- Instructors and students receive an email notification prior to the launch of the evaluations.
- Instructors and students receive another email notification the day the evaluations are launched.
- Students will receive up to two email reminders to complete evaluations, and can delay taking them or opt out completely. When students have more than one evaluation to submit they will see each evaluation listed separately by class.
- Students will will receive a Certificate of Completion in their email after the evaluation is completed.
- Administrators will receive an email the day after the survey ends notifying them the evaluation results are available for viewing and downloading.
- Instructors will receive an email the day after final grades are submitted notifying them the evaluation results are available for viewing and downloading.
For more information on how students access evaluations, view How do students access online instructor course evaluations?
Access to Results
- Administrators access results the day after instruction ends.
- Instructors access results the day after grades are due.
- For instructions on how to create reports, view How do I create reports in CES (EvalKit)?
Course Evaluations & Surveys Login Instructions
Your Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys (CES) username is your email address. If you are new to CES or forgot your password, please go to Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys and click on forgot your password to create a new password.
This didn't solve the problem?
Please click the submit a request button below to create a ticket and a Shoreline agent will reply shortly!